Amz

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Bobby Brown admits regret over daughter Bobbi Kristina's death


Bobby Brown admits regret over daughter Bobbi Kristina's death, claims he once had sex with ghost

Bobby Brown talks to Robin Roberts in an interview
Bobby Brown talks to Robin Roberts in an interview that aired Tuesday. (ABC NEWS)

Bobby Brown says he's still struggling with alcohol addiction and feels intense regret over his daughter Bobbi Kristina's death.

"I hate to say it but, two days," Brown said in an emotional interview with ABC's Robin Roberts that aired Tuesday night on 20/20.

"If I had those two days back. (If) I went and got her, instead of waiting for her to come to me," Brown said, suggesting that he might have saved Bobbi Kristina, who ended up unconscious in a tub of cold water inside her Georgia townhouse on Jan. 31, 2015.

"She was supposed to come out here to Los Angeles with me," he said, breaking down in tears. "If I could get those two days back, my daughter would be here."

Bobbi Kristina died last July, at age 22, after spending six months in a coma.

"The last thing I told her, I just said, 'Let go.' I said, 'It's okay, you can go with your mom, daddy'll be all right. I love you. You can rest,' " Brown told Roberts.

"The hardest thing I had to do in my life was tell my daughter to let go," he said. "I don't wish that on my worst enemy … That is the worst pain in the world."

The only child of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown never woke up after she was found unresponsive in her bathroom in a manner that eerily mirrored her mom's 2012 bathtub death.

She suffered massive, irreversible brain damage, according to grandmother Cissy Houston. Still, Brown told Roberts he thought she was getting better at one point.

Brown talked about the impact of the deaths of Whitney Houston (center) and Bobbi Kristina (right), but refused  to name Nick Gordon (left). The trio are seen in 2010. (TWITTER )
Brown talked about the impact of the deaths of Whitney Houston (center) and Bobbi Kristina (right), but refused  to name Nick Gordon (left). The trio are seen in 2010. (TWITTER )

She was definitely following - following when I walked around the room, when I talked to her" he claimed, defending his controversial statement at a concert last year that, "My baby girl is awake."

"For me, to me, that's awake and getting better, to me," he said.

Tragically, Bobbi Kristina's condition never reversed, and she died July 26 in hospice care. The official cause of death was listed as lobar pneumonia stemming from drowning "associated with drug intoxication."

Marijuana, alcohol, a cocaine-related substance called benzoylecgonine, morphine and sedatives were found in her system, the report from the Fulton County Medical Examiner said.

The former New Edition singer also spoke candidly about his own history with drug and alcohol addiction. He admitted abusing cocaine, marijuana and heroin over the years.

"I had to be put in jail in order to, you know, get the monkey off my back," he said. "I'm clean from narcotics, yes. I haven't done narcotics in 10 to 12 years."

Drinking has been a harder habit to kick, he said.

"Alcohol has been a problem. I go back often to reboot," he told Roberts, apparently referring to treatment. "That's life. Everybody drinks. Sometimes I drink."

Brown and his late daughter are seen in a Father's Day 2014 Instagram photo she posted months before she was found unconscious in a bathtub. (BOBBY KRISTINA BROWN VIA INSTAGRAM)
Brown and his late daughter are seen in a Father's Day 2014 Instagram photo she posted months before she was found unconscious in a bathtub. (BOBBY KRISTINA BROWN VIA INSTAGRAM)


His wife and manager Alicia Etheredge said she's still learning how to support Brown in his sobriety and not "enable (him) in any possible way."

"When you're living with somebody who has fought so many addictions and has come so far and then you see there is still something holding them back and there's still something weighing them down, and there's still something that is not allowing them to be their best, you just want to help them and support them," she said.

In one bizarre revelation, Brown claimed he once had sex with a ghost after buying a "spooky" mansion in Georgia.

"One time, I woke up, and yeah, a ghost. I was being mounted by a ghost," he claimed. "I wasn't high. I was not trippin'."

The "My Prerogative" singer refused to name Bobbi Kristina's former boyfriend Nick Gordon during his discussion with Roberts.

He is part of a wrongful death lawsuit that claims Gordon knocked his daughter out with a "toxic cocktail" and left her for dead in her tub.

"It's not a mystery to me. I know exactly what happened to my daughter," Brown told Roberts. "The same thing that happened to my daughter is what happened to Whitney … there's only one person that was around both occasions. I won't say his name."

Gordon has denied any wrongdoing and has not been criminally charged.

The singer told Roberts that he still struggled with alcohol. (ABC NEWS)
The singer told Roberts that he still struggled with alcohol. (ABC NEWS)


On the topic of domestic violence, Brown scoffed at Houston's prior claim he spit on her, but he admitted he once hit the "Bodyguard" star.

"Yes I did. Me at the time, trying to maintain a sobriety and (Houston) not going along with it, it was rough," he said.

He insisted he will always love Houston.

"I was deeply in love with her. For the rest of my life, I think I will have that feeling towards her because she was that one person that knew me, that one person that had no judgment," he said.

Houston died in a bathtub of the Beverly Hilton hotel on Feb. 11, 2012. The coroner ruled the incident an accident tied to heart disease and cocaine.

Brown said he first saw Houston do drugs shortly before their wedding. He said his bride-to-be was hunched over a bureau snorting a line of coke shortly before their ceremony.
"She wasn't that. The drugs wasn't her. She did drugs, but drugs didn't do her," he said. "She knew how to handle herself. It only made me love and want to protect her more."

Brown sat down for his first major interview since Bobbi Kristina's death to promote his new memoir, "Every Little Step," due out June 13.


source: nydailynews

1 comment:

  1. I firmly believe that Nick Gordon has something to do with both Whitney's and Bobbi's death, yet the authorities can't seem to see the similarities, or just don't care. I guess being habitual drug users nullified their God-given rights to justice. One day, the truth will come out though!! I am sure of it!! I also believe that it was all "for the money."

    ReplyDelete