Amz

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Blake Shelton Looks Back At 'The Ups and Downs' Of The Past Year


Blake Shelton Looks Back At 'The Ups and Downs' Of The Past Year


Blake Shelton Looks back at The Ups and Downs of The past Year
Blake Shelton

On Monday Blake Shelton Looks Back At 'The Ups and Downs' Of The Past Year was a top pop story. Here is the recap: (Radio.com) Friday was big day for Blake Shelton: not only did he drop his 10th studio album, If I'm Honest, he also voices a character in the Angry Birds movie, which opened in theaters this past Friday.

To celebrate, he called in to his Voice co-star Carson Daly's morning show on 97.1 AMP Radio in Los Angeles to talk about both of the above, as well as his relationship with Gwen Stefani.

"I probably wouldn't be releasing another album yet if it hadn't had been for all the ups and downs of the last year," Shelton admitted. "Everybody probably has something they do whenever they get into a low spot or a dark place, and also when things are extra good. For me, it's music. I mean, that's what I do."

"Go Ahead and Break My Heart" is one of the standout tracks on the album and it features Stefani.

"I think I was just trying to impress her-to show her: 'I can write songs too, Gwen!'" he said. "I sent her the song about halfway written. Actually, it was the first verse and the chorus and I sent it to her just on voice memo and about two days later, she sent back the song and she had finished the song from her point of view and it was like, 'Woah! That is nuts!' I mean, we wrote a song together just on, like, text!"

Shelton and Stefani began dating late last year. They come from opposite sides of the musical spectrum and that has led to some cute misunderstandings.

“Two months ago, [No Doubt’s] ‘Hey Baby’ came on the radio and Gwen said something like, ‘Oh that’s wild. I haven’t heard that in a while.'” Shelton recalled. “And she said, ‘You know, we won a GRAMMY for this song.’ And I said, ‘That’s y’all?! That’s you?!’ Because I literally thought that was, like, TLC! And Gwen was so sweet. She was like, ‘Yeah, I guess I can see where you would think that.'”

But these days, Shelton is more well versed in No Doubt’s catalog, and in fact rattled off a number of the band’s biggest hits when Daly quizzed him.

“Of course I knew all those songs, I just didn’t know it was No Doubt that sang them. Some songs are so big. I don’t care if you live in the jungle, you’re aware of [them].”

source: www.radio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment